The Mentorship Program is designed for clinicians who have completed all prerequisites and have been using SCS techniques in a clinical setting for at least one year. The goal of this program is to prepare you to take and pass the SCS certification test and enhance your Counterstrain skills to take patient treatments and outcomes to a new level.
The program consists of four 3-day weekend courses with a small group of no more than 10 students. This allows for a more individualized learning experience with a focus on:
• Enhancing palpation skills
• Locating tender points
• Clearing all dysfunction from a specific area
• Reviewing the spinal, extremity and cranial techniques
• Ensuring effectiveness with proper hand holds
• Feeling pulses, finding mobile points, and using proper procedure with greater consistency
• Full body scanning
• SCS Complete Body
• SCS Cranial
*Note: SCS Complete Body II is optional and not a prerequisite for the Mentorship Program*
Legacy SCS/JCS courses I-III are also acceptable; however, we highly suggest taking SCS Complete Body and Cranial if it's been several years since your last course. Please contact us to verify course eligibility.
Important: Please ensure you have taken the prerequisite(s) prior to purchasing this course. Your purchase will be processed regardless of your eligibility; however, you will not be permitted to register for the lab without the prerequisite(s). Students who purchase courses for which they are ineligible will be subject to a $75 cancellation fee.
Goals and Objectives
• Determine a treatment plan using the sequencing rules
• Review the neuromuscular rationale
• Practice oral presentations to hone in on the material
• Perform live patient treatment demos
• Advance to certification with confidence
Lab Dates and Locations
The Mentorship Program takes place in Carlsbad, CA, and consists of (4) 3-day weekends beginning in April 2022.
Instructor: Randall Kusunose, PT, OCS, JSCCI
April 29-May 1, 2022
June 24-26, 2022
July 15-17, 2022
August 19-21, 2022
Friday: 1pm - 7pm
Saturday: 8am - 6pm
Sunday: 8am - 4pm
Continuing Education Hours